A house is just like a Website, is always 'under-construction'. It's never finished. No matter how many years we live in that house, we always do something with it, upgrade it, modify it, decorate & re-decorate it, we always change its appearance for the better look.
Why Renovation Can’t Be Affordable
Many people get flustered and think that interior design can only be executed in a high budget. If you can see and appreciate beautiful interiors then you are more than well equipped to turn your house into a special welcoming home that can be entirely within your pocket size. After all, everyone has the right to remodel their house and there are many professionals out there who suggest and provide the best services by cutting the heavy cost according to their customer’s requirements. Experts say, it is not always necessary to go for a complete home remodeling, instead, only one area can make a huge difference in transforming new looks of your home to turn into a fresh appearance.
Before hiring the professionals, you can have a look at remodeling ideas for living rooms that can change the overall look of your house if your fingers are itching to do something about the boring and bland looks of your room.
1. The classic design is what most homes have. It is in everyone's comfort zone until people want to break free. Generally, this style has hot textures and offers a comfortable & relaxed environment. The furniture has sharp edges that make it quite clear. Some people will live their lives in such a cozy ambient and will not change it for the world.
2. Traditional design has many fabrics of many colors and this is where people who like collecting articles made by craftsmen from all over the world and display them in the room at totally happy.
Traditional handcraft articles are mostly homey here and do not seem out of place at all. This style is for people who have strong tastes and preferences for various parts of the world and like to bring a piece of them to their own home.
3. Tropical Style brings in the outdoor color pallets. The lush greens and yellows of natural flora are just two of the most common colors you can find in a tropical living room design idea. Choose colors that are found naturally like the color of trees, plants, flowers, and fruits. Think of a tropical forest or a market full of tropical fruits to inspire your design.
4. Victorian Style living rooms are plush and classy. You would normally find Victorian Style living rooms in Victorian style homes and hotels. The key here is a classic sophisticated style with a splash of color and texture. Victorian style living rooms speak of opulence.
5. The contemporary style is great to bring in some variation in colors and patterns into the living room. This style includes elements of modern art and trending design in furniture. Contemporary allows you to play with colors as much as you can but overdoing may effet the beauty of the home.
Our Top Tips
Let us take the main room of the house - the living room.
1. A fireplace is, in my opinion, an absolute must. It never goes out of fashion and creates a beautiful focal point of any room.
2. Fairy Lights - Lighting is often too overlooked. And though most people agree, they seldom take action to back up their acknowledgement. Fairy lights give a warm cozy spray of light which enhances any living space beautifully be it traditional or contemporary.
3. Warm colored throws and fabrics - Try and include some patterned throws, like red and cream tartan for a warm sumptuous look. Or taupe and cream for a more sophisticated touch. Fabrics are an essential factor in making a living room feel warm and inviting.
4. Candles - Candles of differing shapes and sizes, scented or otherwise make for excellent mood lighting, particularly in an entertaining space such as the living room. Never overlook how important these little fellas can be!
5. Glazed coffee table - A coffee table is an integral part of any living room design. And my suggestion is to use a wooded one with glass panels to reflect light. Glass incorporated into furniture where possible refracts and reflects light around the room and adds to a lovely atmosphere especially when a fire or candles are lit.
6. Finally try to use a large mirror, preferably above the fireplace, and try to compliment the other materials used in the room, like wood or a gilded finish, or maybe stone.
Whatever living room design idea you have in mind, make sure that it will fit your needs and lifestyle. Consult from living room remodeling contractors who know how to handle a tight budget and complies with what you want. And always remember to choose the design that you will enjoy for a long time.